Skip to main content
- We are the sponsors of the nationally acclaimed Harbor Navigation, Safety, and Operations Committee which on a monthly basis brings a major portion of the operational waterway stakeholders together with USCG, USACE, CBP, PANYNJ, pilots, ship operators, tug/barge operators, NOAA, small passenger vessel operators, first responders, and others to ensure the continued safe and efficient operation of our waterways.
- The primary goal of the HarborOPs is to create cooperation among all parties operating in the harbor in order to find acceptable non-regulatory solutions to operational problems.
- Membership in this committee is open to any party with a vested interest in the safe, secure, sustainable and competitive situation in our Port.
- A Steering Committee meets on the third Wednesday of each month to consider matters that will be brought to the agenda of the Full HarborOPs Committee
- The Full HarborOPs Committee meets on the third Wednesday of alternating months, with agendas and meeting locations advised in advance by e-mail notification.
- The current Chairperson of the HOPs is CAPT Andrew McGovern, of the Sandy Hook Pilots
- For more information regarding this Committee, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org